Monday, May 5, 2008

your story

an open letter addressed to you

ruffled, broken, bent on the table

good news, bad news, you just don’t know

pregnant expectation attacks your stomach

the clock hand is now moving slowly


the paper in your hands is rough

the words are small

piercing your eyes with emotion

you taste excitement once again


paradise warped into wasteland

then stunned back into something beautiful

freedom strangled by the heat of idolatry

beauty, justice, relationships

the vandalization of shalom; the triumph of grace

from a garden-park to a holy city

This is your story

1 comment:

Magdiel Martinez said...

Awww, I never knew you were a poet, too :D I really like this post of yours.

And it was nice to see you again. It really made my day!

Congratulations on your graduation! You made it! I hope you enjoy your new home and job. I will see you again one day!

Magdiel